Chef BoyarLIZ

Monday, August 24, 2009
I ordered a new cookbook, "The Food You Crave" by Ellie Kreiger, a couple weeks ago and I'm just now starting to work my way through some of the recipes. It may not be as complex and sophisticated as Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking", but it's WAY healthier... The author encourages you to "eat with color", to use fresh ingredients, and to avoid foods with lots of additives & preservatives. Ross is my (surprisingly willing) test subject. Do you know what endive is? Good luck trying to find it for the first time in the grocery store! Growing up I really didn't eat vegetables that much and now I find myself craving them. It's strange how that happens. Maybe my taste buds are maturing? Maybe? Sunday night I made Miso-Glazed Cod, with Stir-Fried Baby Bok Choy, and Smashed potatoes. Very yum. Once again, trying to find white miso at the store was an adventure in and of itself.


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...