Birthday with Friends

Monday, October 8, 2012
I've made many a cake in my day, however I've never been called upon to make my own cake.. until this year. Ross was busy cooking for my bday party AND it was birthday celebration numero tres, so I had to step in to help out...


Oh, but what cake to choose?? If you were going to bake your own birthday cake what would it look like?

I know exactly how my perfect birthday cake would look, so I made it. I really loved it :)


Here's the cake specifications:
*Rainbow Sprinkles: These are my favorite topping any day.. Note: not chocolate Jimmies, and not the round hard balls!
*Purple Buttercream: Well purple is my favorite color, so it makes perfect sense to color the frosting accordingly. Buttercream is so much more tasty than a whipped cream topping.
*Yellow Cake: It can't be yellow or vanilla enough for me!
*Fruit layer: I failed to get a picture of the inside, but it's 2 yellow cake layers, each cut in half: two layers of strawberry preserves and 2 layers of internal purple buttercream.

I'm so glad Jolin stole my camera, so that there's actually evidence a party took place :)

Why would you take a picture right now?

Roma's boyfriend, Skeeter's, Dad aka Charles.

The new Mrs's: Liz and Rachel

Being silly, trying to distract serious cooking Ross.

My special baby friend wore Carhartts-- cute!


3 years ago: Home Sweet Home
1 year ago: Not Olive Garden, But...

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...