Milne Camp

Tuesday, December 4, 2012
The North Slope is a 1 hour 40 minute flight from Anchorage. This time of year it's particularly dark, however the extreme cold doesn't usually kick in until February. Last year, I made a trip up at that time and it was so cold that all outdoor work was suspended. What do hundreds of dudes do to occupy themselves when they're bored? Pranks lots of pranks. Oh, and throw water in the air and watch it freeze before it hits the ground.

Fortunately for me, it's not all that cold on the slope right now. (It's actually colder in Anchorage). But it is so dark, it's really getting to me. I thought it was dinner time at 1pm. Whoopsies. 

I miss the sun. Good thing we have a Hawaii trip planned in a couple months :)

Milne Camp

My room

This might be as high as the sun goes, for what seems like an hour.

I would not be good at working rotation, for a whole host of reasons; one of which, is that I'd miss this little grey pesty too much:



3 years ago: Parm Love
2 years ago: Special Delivery
1 year ago: Moose Bum

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...