July 4th Repost

Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Happy 4th of July errrr'one!!

This is a REPOST of last years July 4th blog post just because, well it makes me laugh--

July 4 2017:
Celebrating July 4th in years past usually included fireworks, but this year we were in bed by 9. Guess that's what happens when you're in the 7:30 bed time zone with the littles?? I'm not complaining, I'm exhausted and not much of a night owl.

We had so much fun hanging out with cousins and family. Here's some highlights:
*Claire had her first slumber party with cousins at Granna's house. Except there was not much of the "slumber" part so Claire had to go into her own bed/room. Next time...
*Ross made Thomas Keller's fried chicken
*Paige took 12 steps all by herself!
*I drank wine and didn't have to worry about feeding a baby
*Claire can jump into the pool with her feet first now (not a belly flop!) and put her head under
*Paige has been waving and saying "bye"


Some Sound Bytes (aka eavesdropping) :
*Claire- "I'm a big girl", Madison- "But I'm older than you Claire", Claire- "But we're BOTH older than Ali"
*"I'm not your cousin anymore"
*"Granna when is the slumber party?" -says Claire while she's in the dark with Granna and cousins during the slumber party
*"You're my best friend"
*"Good job Gigi, I like this dinner"
*"I'm not your friend mom. I'm not going to dream about volleyball"
*"Ok I'm going to ask my mom"- says Claire after Daddy says no to something
*"Mommy...Daddy... there's a snake in my bed!!!!" -Claire woke up screaming from bad dream coincidently she had just watched Pet movie with mean snake


July 4th Holiday weekend iphone pictures:







And July 4th from years past, via Timehop:



At the lakehouse

Talkeetna

Claire's first boat ride

Couple that hikes together...

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...