Banana Bread

Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Ross and I got Dad a subscription to Cooks Illustrated, one of our favorite recipe resources, for his birthday. A couple months went by and there was a bit of discussion about the recipes that looked good, but we hadn't really heard about any food that tasted good as a result. Well, until Saturday. The Cook's Illustrated Banana Bread pushed Dad over the edge. Talking about the recipe was just not going to cut it. And that leads us to a Huebel Hammock first-- a guest contributer!!


Quite the professional touch with the ring of bananas around the top, don't you think? Bravo Dad. Bravo. I wish I could have been a fly on the kitchen wall, spying on Dad while he was baking.

Overall, the parents gave positive reviews. It sounded like a dense, richer banana bread based on the fact they skipped dinner. MMM... Warm, fresh baked bread. They should make a Yankee Candle scent of THAT smell. I really want a piece right now. I guess I'll just have to make it for myself :)

Thanks for pictures Dad!

1 comment

  1. Looks amazing! Way to go Dad A! I told Robby last night I needed to use the bananas in our freezer... maybe I will use the CI recipe :) I would LOVE a piece right now too!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...