Anchorage Air Show

Monday, August 6, 2012
We went to the Anchorage Air Show at Elmendorf Air Force Base last weekend.

Now, as you may know (or not know), Ross is a bit of a flying junkie. He loves all things that fly: helicopters and airplanes, military and civilian, cargo and jet... you name it. Ross also knows all the "stats" about the airplanes.

When Ross goes to airshows he likes to visit each plane, do a 360 walk around, and tell lots of stories and facts about each. This would be great, let's say if he was with an Airforce pilot like brother Adam. But his compadre the last couple years has been me. And I can only absorb so many facts before I just lose interest space out and watch the planes in the air.

I also love how Ross starts every sentence off, "Did you know..."  Here's some examples, Did you know this plane has the longest wingspan of any airplane? Did you know the back rotar of the helicopter spins the opposite direction of the main rotar to counter balance it's motion? Did you know that this plane is so big that it's wheels can adjust and it can land at an angle to offset the wind?

And with amazing regularity my response was something like this, "Nope. Actually, I didn't know about that babe. Why don't you tell me more..."

Love.

C-17

F-22 aka the Raptor



Thunderbirds!

Thunderbirds fly F-16's.





Happy Boy.



I already told Adam it's his turn to take Ross to the airshow next year. I think Ross might even teach Adam a couple few things about his airplane...


On another note, if you like pups please look at the 2 years ago post "Remember When", below!

3 years ago: California Dream'in!
2 years ago: Remember When?



2 comments

  1. I love the airshow! You should be glad it only comes to Anchorage every two years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to one...Maybe I can fill in for you one day Liz. :) Always wanted to go...just never happened. (I do sympathize with you though dear... :))

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...