Salt Tasting

Thursday, August 30, 2012
I made an impulse purchase at our ginormous grocery store last week. I mean who knew that Fred Meyer would offer a salt sampler? I had to have it.

The sampler had 8 different salts, but we could only match about half to the names. There was Murray River flake salt, Fleur de sel natural sea salt, Bolivian Rose salt, Hiwa Kai sea salt & activated chargoal, Salish sea salt smoked over alderwood, and Mediterranean Artisan sea salts.



We did a salt taste test with some steaks, expertly grilled by Ross. (look at those grill marks!)


My favorite was the rose colored salt. I found that granule size was more important to me than an actual taste difference.

Beautiful days call for dinner outside!


3 years ago: Lake House Trip
2 years ago: Roma is Snake Ready
1 year ago: Minus 2!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...