Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, May 14, 2013
My mom AND my mother-in-law both live in Houston, so Mother's Day has consisted of a FaceTime call the last couple years :(

But, my buddy Kirsty and her Momma live in the same city, so she asked me if I wanted to share in their Mother's Day Festivities: Hike and Jack Sprat. To be honest, you could ask me to do a whole lot of really boring things and tack Jack Sprat at the end and I'd be in. It's only my favorite restaurant in the great state of Alaska. No big deal. But in this case I was really looking forward to the hangout/hike too, dinner was just a bonus...

Here's some pictures of our fabulous meal:

Kirsty and I

Appetizer: Wine and Yam Fries. My FAVORITE!!!

Appetizer: Hummus Nachos.

The Special of the night: Halibut with Crab Toast

Baked Ricotta Cavatelli (tomato/eggplant/mushroom/bufalo mozzarella & pine nut pesto, topped with grilled chicken). The house made pasta is so amazing! I'm not a big fan of pasta but this stuff will rock your world

Kodiak Sea Scallops (bok choy, edamame, miso)- cooked to perfection

Dessert Special: Chocolate Torte. Think smooth and silky dark chocolate. It was also gluten & dairy free- made with avacado. I really like this one.

Dessert: Tiramisu

What a fun day, even though the Momma(s) were far far away!


3 years ago: Mommy's Lap Dog
2 years ago: Blue Man Group
1 year ago: Cape Town: Views at the Top of the Mountain

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...