Looking Back- ICL Eye Surgery

Thursday, May 23, 2013
It's been 3 years since my eye surgery. So hard to believe! Looking back, I'm definitely glad that I decided to go through with ICL (implantable corrective lenses). However, it wasn't all easy. It was a full fledged surgery on each eye, which required multiple trips to the outpatient hospital. There was also a slight complication in my left eye, what I have come to call a "glare spot" in one eye. I had 2 follow-up surgeries to try to remedy the issue, but it was decided that it was just the way the corrective lens interacts with my eyeball. So, I had to choose to have another surgery to take the lens out again or leave it in. I choose to leave it in and I'm so glad that I did. It's leaps and bounds better than wearing glasses/contacts again. I've also learned to deal with the glare spot. One day when there's a step change in the implantable lens technology I may decide to try again.

On my last eye test, I was still seeing 20/20!

Here's some past posts about my surgery:
Eyeballs: Step 1
Eyeballs: Step 2
Eyeballs: Step 3
Eyeballs: Done!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...