A hot day needs... ice cream!

Sunday, August 29, 2010
On Saturday morning I spent some time with the refugee family. It was a hot sunny day, but we managed to get in some sidewalk chalk.
When I saw those tiger print sunglasses at Target, I knew exactly who needed them :)

After chalk, we cooled off with ice cream sandwiches...

and Momma of course!

As I was leaving, Peace was finishing up lunch preparations for the family... I didn't quite catch the native name of each dish, but I did snap some pictures.

The top dish is only 2 ingredients: rice flour and water. Peace boiled water, then mixed in rice flour, and stirred until it thickened. The next dish is spinach, chunks of meat, onions, and I'm not sure what else. (I know, this food description would have let Alton Brown down, I'll do better next time.)

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...