Weekend Memories

Sunday, August 1, 2010
What a great weekend! Here's the weekend wrap up...

Friday- Scotty and Paige drove in from Beaumont and spent the night with us. They also brought their 7 week old black lab puppy, Smash. He's so cute! He kind of resembles a little stuffed animal. He definitely has spunk and was holding his own with Roma. Did I mention he is teething? Yes, he likes to chew, especially on shoes (taken right off your feet). Puppy love!
Big dog, Little dog. Tag you're it, Roma!
Trying to eat my finger.
Sharing Roma's ginormous bed.

Sat- It was a busy day, but totally worth it. I got to visit with Katrina over coffee. She's due to have a baby girl in about 3 weeks. So close! I brought her some yummies because she can't have a glass of wine right now and she could totally use one :) I met Natalie at the Galleria for lunch.. a little shop, a little eat, and little chit chat. We had to discuss plans for her bachelorette party, which is rapidly approaching. On the way home, I stopped to see the refugee family. They asked about my dog and when I was going to bring her back to visit :) On Friday we went to a BBQ/moving away party for Heath and Jessica. There are times during the long, hot Texas summer when I want to be moving too! Hmm, I don't think Oklahoma is much cooler though...

Sun- We met Mom, Dad, and Grandad Huebel at Minute Maid Park to watch the Astros beat the Brewers. I love seeing Grand Slams and that's exactly what the Astros did! Also, we had a big surprise when my high school friend, Steven, was brought on the field during the 7th inning stretch and honored for his service in the US Marines, during which he was injured while serving in Iraq. Very special indeed.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...