Christmas in November

Tuesday, November 23, 2010
We've been having some good 'ole family time this week. Have you ever celebrated christmas during Thanksgiving? Now I can say we have... Yep. The tree has been decorated and there was even a gift exchange. And of course lots of over indulging in the food department.

A couple reflections:

*Ross got a Kindle for an early Christmas present. He should have gotten one a long time ago. It's pretty awesome.
*The Chase pup had to get some teeth pulled last month due to gingivitis and now Ross calls him Snaggle Tooth. You know what they say, what goes around comes around. We'll see what Ross's teeth look like when he's 90 years old!
* Moist turkey is delicious
* The best way to eat turkey is cold, in a sandwich. Bliss.
* Starting your morning with a latte is a smart thing, like taking a daily vitamin
* As farther proof that my Dad and I have a similar sweet tooth, we choose the EXACT same recipe to make on Thanksgiving-- while in different states. Yep, we just happen to both be watching the same food network show and it looked MANDATORY to both of us.  It must be genetic.
* I got some gloves for christmas... a RE-gift with a story.
On my first (and last) ski trip, I lost the sleeve of my jacket on the slopes. Perhaps because I was rolling down? After this traumatic experience, Dad bought be a pair of uber warm gloves at the ski lodge to make me feel better. While they didn't improve my skiing, my hands sure stayed warm. I'm sure I threw these very gloves into some dark recess of my room, long to be forgotten-- until now. They're gonna be great for Alaska.
* Roma got a new stocking. It's in the shape of a bone. Expect to see pictures next month.
* If you're looking for a christmas gift idea, look no farther. The new generation of digital picture frames is awesome. Get a frame with Wi-Fi and you can send pictures directly via email (the frame gets its own email address), wirelessly sent from your computer or smart phone. GREAT gift.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...