Reef

Sunday, November 14, 2010
Ross and I enjoy cooking together, but we also enjoy watching cooking shows. Our favorite TV shows are Top Chef and the Next Iron Chef America. Right now Top Chef is on a hiatus and it's down to the wire on Iron Chef. It was fun watching Iron Chef this season because the head chef at one of our favorite Houston restaurants was competing. That's right folks, Brian Caswell from Reef! We frequented Reef BEFORE the TV show, but after he got eliminated it was even more of a reason for us to go back before the big move. Ross and I enjoyed date night over some awesome food...

Andouille stuffed scallops over a sweet potato puree. 

Ross's Redfish on the half-shell with fried mac'n'cheese cube

I was really hoping to see Chef Brian, but alas he wasn't on the line during our meal. However, mid-chew on my last scallop I spotted him in the main dining room--- only 3 tables away! See the orange hat?


This picture is a little grainy, but I was trying to play it cool...

*Swoon

I was definitely star struck. Food kinda has that effect on me. Ross reminded me I was there with him and I forgot all about Chef Brian. :)

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...