Chocoflan?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011
I got an email from Natalie last week that said she was making Chocoflan. Now this intrigued me for 2 reasons:
1) I have never EVER heard of Chocoflan, and if you haven't noticed, desserts are kind of my thing. What's this? A dessert that I've never tasted NOR heard of? Please continue. I must know more.
2) Natalie doesn't use her fabulous kitchen that often, so I figured this must be a pretty special dessert to warrant the effort.

She sent me a couple pictures... How can you go wrong with cream cheese flan atop chocolate cake, all smothered with caramel?



Look at those layers! 

I am dying to know if Nat had a bundt pan before making this dessert. What's going to be the next sweet to be made in it? Carrot cake? Chocolate cherry cake? Monkey Bread?

All my baking "stuff" is in boxes right now, so I'm thankful I could enjoy this dessert vicariously!


2 comments

  1. That does look 'break out the ole' (or new) Bundt pan worthy'!
    I tried flan for the first time on Monday at Lupe's for Maria's B-day. I was almost sure I would have an issue with the texture, but I LOVED it. I may have to give this a try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz! Cute post. Ok, I have two confessions:
    (1) I had to go out and buy a bundt pan AND a roasting pan (water bath for the flan) before making this dessert; and
    (2) I accidentally put the cake on the wrong side of the cake carrier - that ridge should be on the bottom! I noticed my mistake when the lid wouldn't close. Hehe.

    Steph - I am not a fan of flan (it's the texture thing for me, too), but the chocolate cake layer makes all the difference. It was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...