Broccoli'n'Cheese Soup

Thursday, April 14, 2011
We get a new Cook's Illustrated every other month and it is interesting to compare what I think sounds good and what Ross thinks sounds good. About 60% of the time we agree and the other times we don't. So when I plan meals, I'll be sure and pick the ones I thought looked good and Ross does the same. Afterall, it's more exciting making food that you really want to try.  It's also comforting knowing that it's hard to go too wrong with Cook's Illustrated.

Ross earmarked "Broccoli & Cheese Soup." My first reaction was BLAH- why go through the effort to make that? But, he'd already picked out his meal and added the items to the grocery list.


I never thought this bowl of greenness could be so incredibly delicious. Broccoli, chicken broth, spinach, onions, cheddar, and Parmesan blended together make YUM.  I told Ross he'd have to make me this soup next time I get sick, because it would surely make me better.

I'm so thankful Ross likes to cook. He picks the recipes I wouldn't choose on my own. Afterall, variety is the spice of life!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...