Weekly, Top Ten

Monday, April 18, 2011
A couple random thoughts today:

1. I wonder how many pounds of blueberries I consume on an annual basis?
2. I'm not sure how to catch a salmon, but I'm pretty sure I'm about to find out.
3. Did you know the cost of living is way higher in Alaska? Mainly because it's remote and harder to get to..  kind of like Venice, Italy... but not.
4. I have a quarter-sized blister on my left heel from our hike yesterday.  It hurt so much when I tried to stuff in a shoe, I had to wear backless sandals to work. It was 32 deg walking into the office. My feet were cold.
5. Mom is in Haiti right now doing mission work.  I'm so proud of her!
6. I got a Shellac manicure for the first time a couple weeks ago.  NO CHIPS! Amazing. Most notable flaw was the grow out from the nail bed. Here's what my nails looked like after 2 weeks:

 7. My brother takes the MCAT in a couple weeks. I am nervous for him.  I guess worse comes to worse he can be an engineer like R and I.
8. Roma loves popcorn. LOVES. Roma is scared of the vacuum. Still.
9. I heard about some bear sightings and to be honest, it freaks me out. We don't have to worry about snakes, spiders, or ticks BUT we have moose and bears instead. Pick your poison.
10. This Black Pepper Steak with  goat cheese and Ancho Red Pepper sauce is awesome.

Have a good week!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...