Birthday Cakes

Wednesday, April 20, 2011
I like to think I'm an equal opportunity cake eater, but I definitely have my favorites. Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting, Boston Cream Pie (someone misnamed this-- it's really a cake), Caramel Cake, a plain yellow Buttercream cake with buttercream frosting is hard to beat... Yum...

Sprinkles? Definitely. The Rainbow ones.

Whipped Cream frosting is a big no no. It just tastes too healthy and airy. I'm not a fan.

I love Texas sheet cake, but it just doesn't have the birthday "feel" because it's so big and spread out. Same goes for a homemade cookie cake.  Carrot cake is debatable. I think the fact it contains a veggie throws me off. I've never been a huge fan of cheesecake, so I would ix-nay that one too.

Ross goes for German Chocolate, Dad Huebel would probably go for a pie, and Dad would go for anything fruity. Such as a Banana Cake with Caramel Frosting? Yep, that's what he choose last week for his birthday...

Before:

After:

 I'm in the mood for cake now...

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...