Charleston Sunshine

Monday, June 20, 2011
I spent a week with my family in Charleston. A couple highlights from the trip:

*Brother and I conquered the Arthur Ravenel bridge. Morning run, 300 ft of elevation gain, 1 mile to the top. It had to be followed up with a trip to Whole Foods.

*Shrimp and grits, made by... Dad? Yep, for Mom's belated birthday, we each pitched in to cook her a meal. Jeffrey forgot half the ingredients for the side salad, but it still passed the taste test. Rounded out with Dorie's blueberry pie!



*Celebrated Father's day at a swanky restaurant in downtown Charleston. Dad learned what "Amuse-Bouche" means. Do you know already?-- find out here. We had a nice time walking around downtown before our meal. Mom found some goodies at Pottery Barn and I snapped this picture at a little park during a shopping "breather". How freak'in cute is this?!!



and the brother. Doesn't he look like the "Thinker" statue?

*Got to ride in my old car, which I sold to my Mom before the move to Alaska. I miss it :( There's just something special about your first car purchase and that "new car smell"...
*Went on a sunset stroll along the beach. Warm sun on the skin, sand under your toes, breeze in the hair... Magnifico!


Family, good food, no alarm clock, a slight sun tan (I said slight and I mean it) makes for one happy girl!



No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...