Cookie Party

Sunday, December 11, 2011
I hosted a "Cookie Decorating, Wine Drinking, Craft Night" at the house on Friday. (Sorry boys, ladies only).  I lucked out with a random day of vacation that I needed to burn (comp day) before the end of the year, so I used it on Friday to do some prep. I have issues remembering to take pictures during the choas of throwing a party, so admittedly the pictures are sparse. 

Here's a quick list of "What I made that I don't have a single picture of":
*Homemade 7 later dip: Refried Black Beans with green chilies, jack cheese, sour cream, guacamole, cheddar, and pico. (I skipped the olives, so I guess it was 6 layer dip).
*Classic Hummus: Served with veggies: carrots, cucumbers, and celery.
*Caprese Toothpicks: Cherry tomatoes, basil, and mozzerella threaded on a toothpick, then a drizzle of EVOO, balsamic, S&P.
*Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods:Decorated with lots and lots of Christmas sprinkles
*Peppermint Hershey Kiss Cookies: Original Tollhouse recipe, with a peppermint kiss smooshed into the top after baking.

We had gingerbread men and sugar cookies: Santas, trees, reindeer, moose to decorate. Lot's of options!

Miss Liz Bolling... I think you get that pretty glow when you're recently engaged!

It's hard work to decorate over 100 cookies!

Delicious looking tree. 

Smile Jolin!

Craft #1: Decorate Ceramic Ornaments

Holiday Fun :)

Craft #2: Decorate glass ball ornaments. Feel free to check out my shellac mani :)

Craft Number #3:  Light bulb, twine, glitter, spray glue, puff paint... well-la!


1 comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...