Dad and Jeff Go to London

Wednesday, July 25, 2012
My brother, Jeff, starts med school in a couple weeks and as his last "Hoo-Rah" he accompanied my Dad on a business trip to London. Jeff went a couple days early for some extra exploring and was able to sightsee while Dad was in meetings. Here's what Jeff had to say about the trip:

"Trip was great. Glad I was able to go. It was a perk staying in Dad's hotel (awesome location). I used the underground many times, and was able to get around quickly to many different places. Dad and I were able to go to Churchill War Rooms (underground bunker where British WWII decisions were made). On my own I saw Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's (favorite), Tower of London and Old Globe Theatre (saw Taming of the Shrew there). We also saw the musical Wicked on one of the nights (Good performance, plot was a stretch). I went to olympic park, but could not get very close. 

I really liked London. It was obviously looking its best due to the olympics.  I want to go back again!"

Jeff's Commentary is included in the picture captions.

Dad admiring Greek statue at British Museum.

Dad's favorite dessert called "Eton Mess" (lots of fruit with fruit ice cream fruit sauce and meringue pieces) 

White Tower at the Tower of London 

St. Paul's Cathedral (went to top of dome-awesome 360 view).

Westminster Abbey

Westminster

View from top of St. Paul's 

London "City"

Dad in front of U.S. Embassy -Eisenhower Statue 

New tallest building in Europe, "The Shard" 

Tower Bridge

From Hotel Room window. The batmobile for The Dark Knight Rises premiere.

3 years ago: Girl Weekend
2 years ago: Babies, But not Mine
1 year ago:  Eggplant

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...