Trip to the Kenai

Sunday, July 22, 2012
Welp, you win some and you lose some. And this weekend, the Kenai Sockeye (Red) salmon punk'ed Ross and I. We got outfished (note, I did not say outsmarted, as fish don't have a very large brain). We went down on Friday night, fished for a couple hours, slept in the car (with Roma), woke up at 6 AM, fished for 6 hours and only caught 1 fish. ONE!!!!! People were catching 'em all around us, but the day started out slow and I hit my patience limit around noon. My rain jacket lost it's "waterproof-ness" and it was pouring rain most of the morning. Purple hands and lips usually mean it's time to head home. Needless to say, I just ordered a new rain jacket.

I also learned that combat fishing is ruthless and I'm not a fan.

A couple redeeming points that should be pointed out are the beautiful, scenic drive down to the Kenai, getting to hang out with our friends (Baby Honas is due next week and Jolin was still out there fishing!),  and spending quality time together: Ross, Liz, and Roma.





3 years ago: Super Hot in Texas
2 years ago: Roma's New Outfit
1 year ago:  Reds

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...