Albondigas Soup

Monday, March 4, 2013
Did you know that "Albondigas" means meatballs? I didn't know what the word meant before tonight- I figured I needed to look it up before I recommended a recipe with that name :)

I found this recipe for Albondigas Soup in my Everyday Paleo cookbook and I kind of love it. The soup is a distant cousin of chicken tortilla, which is one of my favorites.

Basically you make the meatballs, then the broth, then cook the meatballs in the broth, then add a bunch of yummy toppings: cilantro, cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, salsa, avacado, etc.





From Everyday Paleo

Albondigas (meatballs)
2 lbs grass fed ground beef
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp black pepper (in the demo I said 2 tbsp but I meant 1)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp sea salt
Soup
4 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot minced
3 garlic cloves minced
5 carrots chopped
2 1/2 cups shredded purple cabbage
2 1/2 cups fresh (not canned) diced tomatoes
1/2 to 1 full can of El Pato Jalepeno salsa (the small 7 oz can)
10 cups water
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp oregano
2 tsp sea salt (more or less to taste)
Enjoy!
 3 years ago: Weekend at Last
2 years ago: Meet Skeeter
1 year ago: Tour of Anchorage

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...