Project Front Yard- Step 1

Tuesday, April 20, 2010
While Ross rode his bike over the weekend, I started Project Front Yard. The nursery was a bit overwhelming, but I didn't come home empty handed...

Knock Out Rose
Petunia

Caladium
Cineraria
Longwood Gardens.

I feel like I did so much more work than I have to show for it. Ain't that the way it goes?? I took out 3 big bushes and that took a bit of elbow grease in and of itself! I bought two different types of potting soil, "Shrub and Tree" and "Flower Bed", to encourage these guys to go on living through the Texas heat. Step 2 of "Project Front Yard" will include fresh mulch, a big shrub to replace the Caladium (it's just not big enough and I don't like it there), more mid-height filler foliage, and some pruning. But, these are problems for another day.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...