Eyeballs: Step 1

Monday, April 26, 2010
Today was my ICL (implantable contact lens) Pre-Op. They did all kinds of measurements of my eyes: current prescription (-8.25 in each eye!!!!), pupil size, amount of cornea, eye contour map, health check, etc. They saved the dilation till the end.  It's hard wearing sunglasses when you have to wear glasses too. Yep, there's 3 layers...


I have my laser surgery on Monday (where the doctor actually makes the incision) and the lenses are put in the week after. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! EEEEE. I keep reminding myself of the ultimate goal--- being able to see at all times of day, without contact lenses OR glasses!! I think I can, I think I can. Today the doctor told me that hopefully our kids would get Ross's vision rather than mine.  Yes, hopefully. Then they can be pilots, just like Ross and Adam. :)

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...