An Epiphany of Sorts

Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Normally, risotto takes a good 45 min of constant stirring. It's a labor of love to say the least. However, in this months issue of Cook's Illustrated they test out "Almost Hands Free Risotto." I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a believer. If you love risotto, please read this recipe and try out this method!!


We tried the Saffron Risotto with Chicken and Peas. I kinda forgot to throw in the saffron until about halfway in, so the risotto had the nice golden color, but lacked some of the saffron flavor. I seem to be biased toward wild mushroom risotto, it's my favorite plain and simple. But now I need to try this hands free cook method with some mushroom risotto...

Who's that Doggy in the Window?

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...