Cook with Liz and Steph: #5

Tuesday, May 4, 2010
The Menu:
Shrimp Scampi with Homemade Linguini
Robbie's delicious roasted garlic, parmesan, olive oil, butter bread
Pioneer Woman's Green Beans
Dorie's Normandy Apple Tart
Ross getting the pasta dough in shape.
Making pasta is tough work. The boys loved it.
Peeling, coring, and chopping apples.
Pasta, Pasta, everywhere!
Drying pasta.
Gotta lay out the pasta nicely.
Still chopping apples. Steph is going so fast, she's blurry :)
Shrimp scampi.
Big Picture.
Just like Dorie's.
What a Beauty.

I think Robbie's bread was my favorite part of the whole meal. The shrimp scampi didn't have enough flavor. I think we used more pasta than the recipe called for, so the sauce to pasta ratio was off. There needed to be more kick or ooomph in the pasta. I love shrimp scampi and the homemade pasta was a special treat. I will continue my search for the PERFECT shrimp scampi recipe. This was not it. The beans were good. It was nice having the salt from the chicken stock and the color of the bell pepper in the beans. The dessert was good but not great. Dorie tells you right off the bat that the dessert is not overly sweet, most of the sweetness comes from the apples themselves. I didn't like the applesauce layer under the apples-- it was a texture thing for me. I also wanted the tart to be sweeter. Nothing a little vanilla ice cream couldn't fix :)

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...