SECRET TRIP!!!!

Monday, July 12, 2010
Where do I begin??? I guess I should start by saying Ross got me BIG TIME...

It all started a couple weeks ago (for me,  in actuality the planning starting much earlier than that) when I tried to schedule a doctor appointment on a Friday in July. Ross keep telling me we had plans that day, while I insisted we didn't. I whipped out the iPhone to prove that we had nothing on the schedule. Ross reluctantly told me that I wasn't free that day because we had a SECRET TRIP (ST) planned and that I shouldn't ask anymore questions about it. I was SO EXCITED!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE surprises :)

Fast forward to Friday morning at 4:30 am. I wake up to an alarm and to 2 plane tickets in my face. It took me a minute or so to focus on the text and I saw we were flying to Detroit... what, Detroit?  Half asleep I asked Ross if he knew my parents were going to be flying into Detroit the same day. Ha ha. I learn that this trip has been planned for months, in coordination with my parents trip to visit my brother in Michigan, the location of his DOW summer internship. Oh silly Liz.

I had no idea. NONE. I was guessing Ross was planning some kind of romantic getaway.. That idea went out the window, but I got something even better!!! It was so nice to spend a long weekend with my family-  I hadn't seen Jeffrey since Christmas.

We stayed in an old cottage in the picturesque town of Lexington, MI, right on the shores of Lake Huron. It was beautiful. The weather was perfect.


More pictures to come!

1 comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...