Umm, did she say Shark?

Thursday, July 1, 2010
Our buddies Clay and Andrea went deep sea fishing last weekend and invited us over to feast on the fruits of their labor. Dun nah nah nuh, Dun nah nah nuh... Do you know that sound? Think Jaws. Yep, Shark!! I'd never eaten shark before, but now I can put a check in that box!

Clay made an Arugula, Fennel, and Orange Salad, a Seafood Cippinno Stew (similar to this), grilled shark fillet, and garlic rubbed ciabatta bread.
Shark!

Hands down, the stew was my favorite. It was packed with crab legs, shrimp, redfish, and mussels. Have I mentioned before that I love seafood? LOVE. SEAFOOD. Anyhow, this soup was great, especially using the bread to sop up the remaining broth. YUM. Shark won't be replacing my regulars (salmon, halibut, snapper, tuna, grouper, etc) anytime soon, but I'm glad I tried it.

What a cool feeling to be able to say you "hauled in a shark"?? I want to do that. I'll have to add that to the list.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...