Eklutna Lake

Monday, February 21, 2011
We took a drive to the Eklutna Lake State Park over the weekend. It was a last minute diversion, so we didn't have the proper hiking gear and we were only able to do a short walk. (Ross's tennis shoes didn't keep the snow out, I needed snowpants, and miss Roma didn't have a leash) But, we were able to see the lake surrounded by beautiful mountains. We will definitely make another trip in the future, next time with the right gear to explore!





It was such a beautiful day!

We're getting 6 more minutes of sunlight every day here in Anchorage. You better book your trip soon! :)

1 comment

  1. Ah Liz, you are killing me here!!! Gorgeous photos!!! I think you know this is one of my favorite "local" places in the Anchorage area... So happy to see that you Roma and Ross made it up there. Based on the photos you posted I see you recognize the immense beauty of the area.

    In summer time this is a great place to take long Mountain Bike rides on a somewhat improved trail. I rode to this location and to the end of the lake many times during my years in Alaska.

    Thank you so much for posting this!!!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...