The Ring

Wednesday, February 2, 2011
I'm not sure that I've felt this scatterbrained in a long time. I can't seem to get my "system" down since the move. I've been forgetting to make phone calls, pay bills, send mail, read emails, record shows, go to meetings, take showers...

What complicates things even more is that Ross is having a "lose track of things" bout simultaneously. I feel so bad for Roma. I think she's wondering what's wrong with her Mummy and Daddy.

1 event kinda stands out the most... Ross's wedding band went missing.

Ross retraced steps, went through trash, crawled around on all fours with a flashlight (which Roma thought looked like a fun game), moved furniture and alas, no ring. On day 3 of the search, it was looking grim. I started looking at new ones online. Until we randomly found his class ring (which he always takes off with his wedding ring) on the floor of our bedroom after we did laundry. There's hope yet!! After another thorough search, Ross found the WEDDING BAND near Roma's bed. YAAAAAY!

It seems like it's time for something to go RIGHT this week. Is it always like this after a move? Maybe it's because we bought a 25+ year old house?  Or maybe it's because we moved from one hemisphere to the next? Or maybe it's one too many falls on the snowboard? Not too sure. Good thing we don't make a habit of moving every year.

1 comment

  1. Ah, so glad you/Ross found the ring. It will get better especially now that you have an awesome new purple snowboard! :)
    (which I might need to borrow - snow is in the forecast!!!)
    Just keep trucking and as you get organized I am sure things will start falling in place again. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...