Milne Point Camp

Monday, August 29, 2011
I feel like I've been out in the wilderness for the past 8 days and I kind of have. I've been filling in as an Optimization Engineer at the Milne Point camp (Milne is the same field I've been working, just normally from a comfy desk in Anchorage). Anyhow, it is finally (FINALLY) my last day and it's time to head home. I'm soooo ready. There's a couple amenities I'm really missing.



Here's my top 10 list of things I'm NOT going to miss...



1. Going into the shared bathroom (jack and jill style) and constantly wondering if someone else will come through the opposite door at the exact same time. Embarrassing?!

2. The toilet seat is in the up position every time I use the restroom. Not ok.

3. Waking up and hitting my head on the low hanging shelf above my bed

4. Dropping my underwear in the hallway as I make my way to the laundry room down the hall

5. Waking up at 4:30 in the morning

6. Having to prepare for a 5:30 meeting

7. Working 12+ hours a day

8. Extremely limited internet AND cell phone reception

9. Having to eat whatever the chef makes that day. Burger Friday? Chinese Wed?

10. Putting on plastic gloves to go through the food line, getting a drink, etc.





No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...