Texas 4000

Monday, August 15, 2011
Would you believe it if I said that there's a group of UT students that bike from Austin, TX to Anchorage, AK during their summer break to raise cancer awareness??



It's true... AUSTIN TO ANCHORAGE!!!! The event is called the Texas 4000. You can read more about it HERE.



When the riders finish in Anchorage, they are greeted by their friends and family and the Texas Exes Alaska Chapter hosts a cook-out to honor them.








Family & Friends. Each rider had a poster.






Texas Exes Alaska Chapter






Family/Friends await the riders.






The riders were led in by a Firetruck.






We MADE IT!






































These kids could EAT!






Ross and I.






I recognized my Organic Chemistry teacher, Professor Iverson! He came up to Anchorage to support his daughter, Alanna, at the finish line.






Catherine and I.





There were a lot of people who did so so much work to put this event together. Ross and I tried to pitch in where they needed help, which included the baking department AND the grill. We've got some expertise in those areas and no, I was not the grill master...


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...