Thai Beef Salad v2.0

Tuesday, August 16, 2011
I had the page for Thai Beef Salad in Cooks Illustrated earmarked for a couple weeks, so it was high time we tried it out once we got our stove top installed. It turned out to be really good :) The salad includes some spice from serrano chiles, coolness from fresh mint/cilantro, citrus from lime juice, bite from sliced shallots... all served over crisp cucumber slices.


I wish I had the recipe to share with you all, but Cooks Illustrated is really strict about online distribution of recipes and I can't find it online without a subscription. If you don't have Cooks Illustrated already and you like to cook, I would definitely recommend getting the magazine or online subscription! (This was not a paid advertisement :) )

On another note, I got 4 cavities filled today... I was dreading this dentist trip a full 24 hours in advance. The novicane puffed up my cheeks for a couple hours at least. It made dinner with friends all the more exciting.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...