Dad's First...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011
I got a call from Dad last night (on MY cell phone mind you). Here's how it went:

Me: Hi DAD!
Dad: Hi Miss Liz. Are you guys in the middle of dinner?
Me: A friend is coming over for dinner, but it's all ready. What's going on?
Dad: I was actually wanting to talk to Mr Ross.
Me: Ummm OKAY (insert a Liz attitude here).... Ross, it's for YOU.

I knew that something must be up for Dad to pass on a conversation with his BEST daughter. Sure enough....

DAD KILLED HIS FIRST DEER LAST NIGHT!!!


I wonder why he wanted to share this news with Ross before me? :) Here's the email and pictures he sent today:


Last night I shot my first deer which was a 101 lbs. doe (fairly large by Carolina standards).  The two pictures attached indicate some of the good natured rituals that happen when a person shoots their first deer at the BP site Hunt Club.  The person standing next to me obviously fits into that category also and he shot his in a stand close to mine.  I now have some nice venison which will be prepared/cooked/eaten at a time when Sallie is not around :)!  With the rut season almost upon us, I hope that Ill see a buck soon.



Another hunter has joined the ranks!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...