Sleepy in Seattle

Tuesday, October 25, 2011
I have a confession. Last night, I feel asleep mid-blog. I woke up with an open laptop sitting next to me and no recollection of what I wrote about. Whoopsie. Hence, the abnormally late post.

So here are the lost pictures which I meant to include in the Seattle post...

We ate at a little hole in the wall sandwich shop called Salumi. It was started by Mario Batali's father. Our sandwiches were quite possibly the best we'd ever had. And for Ross, that is a LOT of sandwiches!!! 
Ross's Muffalata

My meatball sandwich. Ahhh Mazing!

We spent the morning strolling around the sculpture garden, right on the water. We took a 1 hr tour which really helped us understand the artists, sometimes abstract, motive.

Aluminum Tree, complete with birds.

Called "The Wave." It was probably our favorite exhibit. You really have to be right up close to get the feel of the large pieces. 

The famous Seattle "Eagle." Do you see an Eagle? I had trouble with that one.



Doesn't everyone need a smooch at the top of the space needle?


I could really go for some Seattle food right now. Peroshky anyone?

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...