Eye Surgery: A look Back

Tuesday, November 22, 2011
As many of you know, in April/May 2010 I had eye surgery (read more about my experience by typing "Eyeballs" into the search box to the right). There was an article about the surgery on CNN.com today that I thought was worth sharing with you, HERE.

After reading the article it got me thinking about my personal experience...

I still have 20/15 vision in both my eyes! I love waking up and be able to see. Words can't describe. I think about the blessing of vision, contact free, all the time-- especially on hiking trips in the woods.

Was I a 100% success story? Well, not exactly. I'm probably in the "1% that suffers from complications" In my left eye, I suffer from a slight "glare" spot in certain types of light. I actually had a second surgery to replace the left eye lens with a new one. However, there wasn't a lens defect; the glare spot is exactly the same. The doctor thinks that it's just the way my eye/shape interacts with the lens. So I was faced with the decision to live with it and possibly explore the options down the road or have the lens taken out and wear a contact in one eye. You probably know what I chose?

Do I have any regrets? Absolutely not. My "glare" is such a small inconvenience- the benefits definitely tip the scale. However, it is such a comfort to know that this surgery is reversible and at any time I could have them removed and my eyes would be right where they started before the surgery.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...