NOLA and back

Wednesday, February 3, 2010
I flew to New Orleans early this morning for a partner meeting and I flew back to Houston tonight. The partner meetings are in NOLA because Shell is based there and they operate the platform, so they also host/run the meetings. Exxon, BP, and ConocoPhilips have a lower interest than Shell, so we always go to them. Funny how that works. Overall, it wasn't a bad way to spend the day. It was fun being in New Orleans during Mardi Gras season. I got my fill of king cake and they had mardi gras beads at the meeting. There is also a little football game on sunday that has new orleans pretty excited :) WHO DAT!! Ha ha.
Ross and I went over to Clay and Dre's for dinner in between the midweek madness. We had steaks, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and Dorie's Cinnamon Squares. The cake was really good, I especially liked the swirl of cinnamon/sugar/chocolate chips in the middle. The icing hardened like Magic Shell and tasted great with the texture of the cake. I made the cake the day before (because of my trip) and I bet it would only be better FRESH and HOT out of the oven. MMMM.  Check out the swirl...

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...