Gumbo

Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Anyone like Gumbo??

Gumbo is a red heeler mix and the proud owner of Mom and Dad Huebel  companion to Mom and Dad Huebel. Here's another kind of Gumbo...

Gumbo is a favorite in our house! Ross made this meal from a variety of recipes, piece-mealed together. It contained fresh shrimp, chives, duck, venison spicy sausage, onion, rice... and the ROUX of course. I like a lighter colored, more liquidy roux than some recipes call for. I thought this one was perfect. For as much as I love gumbo, I really hate the smell that cooking the roux leaves behind in the house. I think it lingers for days. Any suggestions on getting rid of that awful "Roux Smell" aka burned flour!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...