"Arctic Airmass"

Monday, January 4, 2010
The weather channel has a local alert that reads as follows: "AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO SOUTHEAST TEXAS LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND EARLY THURSDAY MORNING."
Arctic, really? Did they have to use that word? I understand its going to be cold, but now I'm thinking of the north pole and eskimos. Someone at work was asking me how I could possibly leave Roma outside during the cold of winter and the heat of summer. But she has a sweater vest! and she has a dog house with an arbor! My co-worker then told me about electronic dog doors that open when activated by a key worn on the dogs collar. Anyone used these or heard of 'em before? I'm tempted to investigate this farther...
For dinner we had Greek Chicken and Barley Salad. I think that the word "barley" had Ross pretty scared before the meal. I've never cooked with it before, so I wasn't exactly sure what the consistency was supposed to be, but it worked. Ross really liked the meal. Go Team Barley!

The recipe includes cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, feta, grilled chicken, and kalamata olives with a lemon/EVOO/basil dressing. mmm mmm good.

2 comments

  1. Sounds delish! And... look how perfect your picture turned out! HOLY COW - you don't even need that photog class:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Electronic pet door info looks interesting. One limitation might be the large opening that Miss Pesty would require. Guess you would have to get a tall gate to keep her on the kitchen tile area? Bet she misses her favorite toy thrower!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Month 5

The quarantine weeks have turned into months. 2020 has been quite the doozy. There are certainly good days and bad days in this journey. As ...